Previous COVID-19 Narrative Updates
- January 10, 2022 Update: LOEX will require* that attendees provide either 1) proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and a booster dose or 2) a negative COVID-19 test result within 24 hours of Friday, May 6, 2022 in order to attend the LOEX 2022 Conference. More information on how attendees will provide this documentation will be available closer to when registration goes live in February. Due to the changing nature of the pandemic, we may take further steps, if necessary (all updates will be posted on this page).
* These requirements have been updated, since announced in mid-November, to reflect public health guidance regarding the importance of a booster dose and of testing closer to the start of an event. LOEX may further update its vaccine or test requirement to be stricter if the CDC updates its guidance, but it will not roll back any of these requirements.
- February 10, 2022 Update: There currently is a lot of discussion nationwide regarding mask requirements & policies. LOEX 2022 is occurring in Michigan, so based on the most recent health advisory of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), LOEX will require that attendees wear a mask in public spaces indoors, except when eating or drinking.
- This mask should be well-fitting, provide good filtration, and cover the nose & mouth. If you forget to bring your own mask (e.g., KN95, KF94), a free disposable one will be provided for you
- Note: if MDHHS updates their health advisory before the end of April, LOEX may update its mask requirements to be more flexible.