Poster Session Proposals
The deadline for grad student & resident/fellow poster proposal submissions will be in January 2020
The LOEX 2020 Conference Planning Committee invites 1) graduate students in library and information science programs and 2) library fellows and residents to submit proposals to host a poster session at the 48th Annual LOEX Conference in Ypsilanti, MI.
Poster sessions should visually convey research in the areas of instruction and information literacy. They typically take the form of an exhibit and should include brief narratives, data, and graphics that quickly summarize the presenter's research. Computer displays, handouts, directions to websites, and other materials can also be incorporated into the exhibit. Presenters will be expected to informally discuss their presentations with conference attendees by making brief remarks, sharing information, and answering questions about their topic. Successful poster proposals reflect elements of one (or more) of the conference tracks.
Proposals should reflect elements of one of the following six tracks:
Instructional Nuts & Bolts
Building in Quality Control
Forging Ahead for 21st Century Learners
Stepping Up to the Line
Failures and Problem-Solving
Retooling and Reinventing
Collaboration and Outreach
Assembling Production Teams
Proposals for poster sessions will be limited to graduate students currently enrolled in library and information science programs and to library residents or fellows who have been in the field no more than two years.
Poster Presentation Formats
Exhibits should include pictures, narratives, data, and graphics on topics related to instruction and information literacy. Computer displays, handouts, and directions to websites are also encouraged. Power outlets may not be available in the poster session display area. If you use a laptop computer, you should plan to use your battery. The conference committee will provide each poster session with a 36" x 48" trifold presentation board. Photocopying and materials to make the poster will be the presenter's responsibility. Poster session presenters will be expected to informally discuss their presentations and answer questions on Friday, May 8th.
The deadline for poster proposal submissions will be in January 2020
If your proposal is accepted, then you will be automatically registered for the conference, and required to pay the poster session registration amount by Monday, April 6, 2020.
- Late January 2020: Deadline to submit poster session proposal
- Mid-February 2020: Notification of acceptance of poster sessions
- May 7-9, 2020: 48th Annual LOEX Conference in Ypsilanti, MI
Proposal Selection Criteria
The following will be considered:
- Relevance and importance of the topic to instruction and information literacy across institutional types
- Originality of the topic
- Clarity of evidence of presenter's knowledge and experience with topic
In addition, the rubric scores Presentation proposals on how well they utilize a variety of presentation modes; Interactive Workshop proposals are scored on the degree and type of audience participation.
The solid reputation of the LOEX Conference ensures that presenters benefit as much as their audience. Presenters can expect to:
- Qualify for the poster session registration fee ($95 for students / half off regular fee for fellows or residents)
- Contribute to the field of library instruction and information literacy
- Develop excellent experience to include on a resume
- Obtain valuable feedback from a wide cross-section of librarians from across the country, including some who are on university/college hiring committees
- Receive automatic registration for the LOEX conference