COVID-19 Safety Policies
- LOEX requires that attendees provide either a) proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and a booster dose or b) a negative COVID-19 test result within 24 hours of Friday, May 6, 2022 in order to attend the LOEX 2022 Conference.
- Proof of vaccination can be attested to either by a) filling out the form first emailed to all attendees on April 8 or b) utilizing CLEAR Health Pass (update: just use option A, per email sent on May 1)
- A negative COVID-19 PCR or Rapid confirmation must come from a test administered by a medical professional (e.g., at a medical facility or pharmacy). This confirmation (e.g., a pdf report) can either be emailed to LOEX or brought to the conference registration desk. Self-at-home tests will not be accepted.
- LOEX requires attendees wear a well-fitting, high-quality mask (e.g., KN95, KF94) in public spaces indoors while at the conference hotel, except when eating or drinking.
- The expectation is that attendees will bring their own masks, but a free mask will be available at the conference registration desk if one is needed
- All breakout session rooms will have podiums mics, which shall be used in all sessions. If a session’s presenter still determines it is necessary that they remove their mask while presenting in order to be properly heard or understood, that is at their discretion.
- If a presenter wants to mix with the attendees at certain points (e.g., facilitate discussion during an interactive workshop), that is absolutely allowed, but wear a mask.
- LOEX has taken additional safety steps beyond those mentioned above:
- Arranged an option to eat outside (weather permitting) all registration-fee included meals & snack breaks, at the hotel during the conference, under a covered patio or elsewhere. There will be over 100 outside seats available.
- Agreed with the hotel that servers will wear masks when serving food
- Made modifications to the food serving process at breakfast and lunch to lessen crowding
- Enhanced filtration in all breakout session rooms
- Provided at least one row of distance between the presenter's podium and attendees' seating
- Increased overall seating for the breakout rooms and plenary sessions
See here previous COVID-19 safety narrative updates that were previously directly on the FAQ page and were the basis for this more detailed page.
As always, attendees should self-assess and if you feel ill or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay home, isolate, get tested, and continue to follow local public health guidelines.
Even with all these steps, all attendees' acknowledge that traveling to/from and attending the conference could increase a person's risk of contracting COVID-19, and attending the conference is at your own discretion and volition.